Τρίτη 30 Ιουλίου 2013

Α Boat Trip (...& more)

Nothing in the world can be more inspiring than the feeling of doing something new, being somewhere you have never been before and smelling new scents. (Yeah, I know it can only be compared to the opposite: the feeling of being somewhere you feel comfortable at, doing something you've done before and are familiar with and smelling favorite scents. We are, indeed, strange creatures). I've said it before: although I love travelling, I wouldn't change Greece for anything in the world. And that's why this post is written in English: because I want everyone to know.  


Just a simple boat trip to Lihadonisia, a complex of small islands between north Evoia and Kamena Vourla, reminded me that beauty and happiness can be found where and when you least expect them, in the most simple things you can ever imagine. The blue sea, the dolphin, the small abandoned village, the sun, the family of seals, the fresh air, the beach and the people you love. I need nothing more, I ask for nothing more.  


It seems to me that no matter what you imagine your life to be, no matter how the ideal vacations look in your eyes and what you dream of as the perfect summer getaway, life will lead you and will show you the right way. We spent about six hours on this beach, doing nothing but swimming, relaxing, reading books, chatting a little and looking around. It's not something new, something I' ve never done before. It's that for those six hours I couldn't think nothing but how lucky we all are to be able to spend time as if we were little gods...

xxx
nat.


4 σχόλια:

  1. Nat, I love the pictures! So beautiful, relaxing and inspiring :) I love travelling too and am so looking forward to my soon coming holiday!

    Thank you for the English post. I thought my Google Translate was going mad - showing me both original and final texts in English ;)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. Thank you my friend! I am happy you enjoyed it. I decided to write more often in English to encourage more readers from abroad. you are one of them! Keep in touch and keep reading! xxxx

      Διαγραφή
  2. Beautiful,yes we surely are lucky living in Greece,it"s always the small things that give the greatest pleasures......sometimes we just don"t realize it!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
    Απαντήσεις
    1. That's for sure Susan! By the way, it's good to have you back! Where ve you been for so long? xxxx

      Διαγραφή

Write me your comments